I’ve been to Cebu for so many times both for work and leisure but it still never ceases to surprise me. My last visit with a few old and new friends took me to a farm eco-resort called Lava Mountain River Farm located in Busay, Cebu City which is around 45 minutes drive from the city.
The farm is a perfect getaway for friends or family. It’s located up in the mountains where you can have a good mix of quiet time with nature and a breathtaking view of the mountain and river from your window.
You can get a massage, swim in the outdoor pool, lounge in your hut or in the hammock, and roast marshmallow and sing Kumbaya by the bonfire at night.
If you are adventurous, you can also do river trekking which is just a stairway away from the farm.
The farm supports going back to the basics, so there are no air-conditioners or fans.
I only stayed there for a night and it felt like I had a good 3 day vacation.
As for the prices, it depends but relatively it’s cheap especially when shared with your friends and family. You can also find them in Airbnb.
FROM LAVA MOUNTAIN RIVER FARM:
1. We are a private resort and bookings are all on reservation basis only. We do not accept walk-in visitors.
2. We do not rent out our rooms or cottages individually. We only rent out the entire place.
3. Bookings are for exclusive use. We accept 1 day use and 1 overnight group per day.
4. Day use bookings will have use of the day use area only. Overnight bookings will have use of the entire place.
5. Road going to the farm is not good. We recommend to use SUV, pickup, or better to get to the farm. Do not bring lowered vehicles going there as you will only damage your car.
6. For reservations and bookings, kindly send us a message.
You can find more information in Lava Mountain River Farm Facebook page.